August 30

Our Amazing Pinch Pots

Hello, today we started somthing new in art. We’re doing stuff with clay! And I’m so happy we are because I love making things with clay, my nan makes so many cool things out of clay like little pots for plats and there so cute. Okay, so the thing we are making with clay is a pinch pot, a pinch pot is just a little pot or like a mini bowl or somthing like that. And if you ever want to make one here are the steps: first, get a clump of clay and start wedging it. Wedging is we’re you have your hands in a cup shape and you squish it into a spher, by doing this, you are compressing all the air out so then wen you put it in the machine it won’t explode. Once you have a spher, you will shove your thumb in the middle pretty far down but not to far, then you will keep ur thumb in the hole and get two fingers and start pinching the bottom. This is why it is called a pinch pot because you pinch it. While pinching move up words, also do not make the top to thin because it might brake wen dry. And now that you have a pinch pot you can add texture and decorate it how you like. So those are the steps on how to make a pinch pot, now let me tell you about my one that I made. So it isn’t fineshed because the ones we did today were just a practice, but my idea I’m going to do is going to be like one of those pots that have cow horns and ears on them, and that’s what mines going to be. Wen I was bringing it up to the teacher because it was the end of art my friends saw what I did and they were like “omg! You did a little cow, it’s so cute!” And like almost every one came to me or was nere me and looked at it and said “omg that’s so cool your so good at this”. Anyways, that’s all for this blog I hope you enjoyed this blog and tell me if you tried making a pinch pot. Byeeeee.

Posted August 30, 2023 by tahlia2233 in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Our Amazing Pinch Pots